To be clear, COLORBOND® & COLORCOTE® steel will inevitably weather, chalk and fade over time as a result of normal wear and tear. This is not covered by warranty, as it’s within the nature of the product.
To match our lifetime warranty criteria:
- The consumer must contact us in writing, setting out the nature of the defect or damage in the goods. Proof of purchase must be retained and presented for any claims.
- The product must be installed in accordance with our published fixing recommendations, current at the time of installation. Basically, your shed will stand a better chance against the elements if it’s been properly anchored – that's why we’re always on about our concrete fixings!
- Installation of the product must be greater than one kilometre from marine or industrial environments.
To review all of our criteria, please request a warranty form here.
Damage to the sheeting which may render the warranty void include:
- Mechanical, chemical, corrosion or other damage sustained during transport handling, storage, erection or subsequent to erection.
- Attack from chemical agents, fumes, liquids (including weedkillers) or solids other than direct rain falling onto the product under warranty.
- Contact with concrete, mortar, bitumen, soils, ashes, fertilisers or other moisture retaining substances.
What you may be entitled to:
Under this warranty, we are liable for:
- The cost of replacing the product
- The cost of obtaining equivalent product
- The cost of having the product repaired
We must also be allowed the ability to attend the site and inspect the shed prior to providing a remedy – just to be on the safe side.
Request the full warranty statement to start the process by contacting our customer service team here.