What You Need to Build your EasyShed
So you've purchased your EasyShed Garden Shed, Workshop or Garage and want to know what tools you need to have ready when your DIY steel shed arrives? Or perhaps you are still choosing the right storage shed for your needs and want to know just how 'easy' our DIY shed kits are to assemble... well you have come to the right place!
BEFORE YOU START!
- Be smart and thoroughly read front to back of the assembly instructions you receive with your shed before commencing any assembly.
- Wear safety gloves at all times to protect your hands from sharp metal edges, and safety glasses to protect your eyes from tiny airborne drilling debris.
- When you receive your cartons, check the packaging to ensure they match and any shipping information (if applicable) is correct
- Unpack the cartons being sure to check off and familiarise yourself with all the components against the packing lists at the front of your assembly instructions. Then sort, separate and identify the various components
- We recommend at least two people be present when handling the completed roof & wall panels. Always carry the panels vertically with one person at each end.
- Do not attempt to handle the panels during windy conditions. Sudden wind gusts may damage the panels or cause personal injury.
All of our shed models require the following tools to be successfully assembled:
- Power Drill with Phillips Head Driver
- Step Ladder
- 3mm Steel Drill Bit
For concrete fixing:
- 10mm Steel Drill Bit
- 10mm Masonry Drill
Some models will require:
- Rivet Gun
- Tin Snips
For specific requirements, it is best you refer to your shed-specific assembly instructions which arrive with your new shed. If you would like to read through beforehand to make sure you're prepared, just contact our team and we will gladly walk you through
THE WORK AREA
Select a level work area to assemble the panels together. Use your concrete slab or place a couple of planks on the ground.
Alternatively, if you have a pair of trestles and four planks about 3000mm & 1800mm in length, fasten the planks to the top of the trestles. This will give you a good working platform and make the panel assembly process much easier.
WATCH OUR 5 STEP ASSEMBLY VIDEOS
Videos of each of the steps in our exclusive 5 Step Assembly process is available for viewing anytime. You may wish to familiarise yourself with the videos before you receive your garden shed, or wait until it arrives to run through each step. The shed featured is a 3.0m x 1.5m Gable Roof Garden Shed, however the instructions can apply to all styles of EasyShed storage sheds.
Each step, plus an introduction and a final assembly video, are included in the playlist below.
IS YOUR SITE PREPARED?
It is essential to firmly anchor your EasyShed immediately following installation, otherwise there is a risk of damage to panels, property or persons resulting from sudden wind gusts.
Select a level site and we recommend using one of the following:
- Garden sheds may be anchored to the ground and a concrete slab poured inside. Steel surfaces should be protected from direct wet concrete (which has a corrosive action) by taping a 200mm wide strip of plastic up the wall and laying it out from the wall by 500mm.
- Garden sheds may be anchored to an approved existing concrete slab using the concrete fixing set (anchor brackets and bolts purchased separately).
- A rebated concrete slab will prevent water entry under the walls of the shed.
Refer to your assembly instructions for the ideal slab dimensions for your specific shed model.
If you want to know more about what you need to build your EasyShed Garden Shed, Workshop, Garage or storage shed you can contact us by phone 1300 739 097, Live Chat or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to talk you through.