4 Shed Styles for the Aussie Garden
Whether you have a compact space or room to expand your backyard, there are lots of storage solutions available in our garden shed range. Here’s a guide to starting your next outdoor transformation project.
Find your shed style
Begin by matching a shed style to your outdoor or indoor storage needs! Our range of durable sheds offer stylish and affordable options to suit your lifestyle.
When choosing a shed that is functional and suits your home, the shed roof style is the most practical consideration to have in mind (aside from colour, of course!).
1. The Backyard AdditionIf you’re after more garden and storage space, our popular Gable Roof Shed is the one for you. The classic style comes in a triangular pitch shape ideal for all kinds of outdoor enthusiasts! These sheds are more resilient and easier to maintain because snow and rain simply slide off the pitched roof.
Their peaked roof structure allows for more ventilation and gives the appearance of more space compared to other roof styles. Other benefits of our most popular shed structure are:
- Adds value to your landscape and fits into any garden
- Sophisticated and timeless roof choice
- Choose single or double hinged doors for your shed
- Additional height through the centre for storing taller items
Short on garden space but still want a great outdoor shed? The Skillion Roof Shed has a minimalistic design that can effortlessly blend into a house or fence. It’s a long time DIY favourite because it’s an easy to construct home extension! The single sloping roof ensures minimal buildup of water and debris.
- The half-pitched roof ensures that you enjoy a good drainage system
- Designed with a higher 2.1m door opening which slopes down to 1.8m back wall for extra headroom
This tall space saver comes in a massive range of sizes perfect for any kind of backyard!
2. Creative and Compact StorageIf you’re living in an inner city apartment or have a tiny yard (think extra storage for a terrace house!), the Off The Wall Shed is a go to! With no back wall and no need for a concrete slab, this unit can be fixed to an existing dwelling or structure to make the best use of tight spaces. Even though it’s a small storage solution, we don’t compromise on design!
- Braced door to ensure the integrity of the shed structure and easy access to the shed’s contents
- Door locks with a pad bolt and hasp to securely store your items
- Available in a range of lengths to maximise your storage space whilst taking up minimal space
Have a shady and ideal location on your property? Flat Roof Sheds are the best option if you live in an area with limited space and enjoy favourable weather. Contrary to the name, these sheds are not flat and actually have a low pitched skillion roof.
It’s simple design makes it the most affordable to buy and easy to build! The roof style is an ideal choice for certain weather conditions.
- If you live in hurricane or tornado risk regions
- Easy to repair due to the lower slanted roof
Top tip: This option isn’t recommended if you live in a high-rainfall or snowfall region because the shed drainage system is less functional compared to gable and skillion roof sheds.
Our Space Saver Sheds
3. Your Home ExtensionAfter a versatile and practical add-on to your home? Our Garage Sheds are designed to give you maximum space with minimum installation effort. These sheds are portable and can be disassembled easily, so it can be taken with you if you move to new home or require it for a temporary garage solution. For a permanent structure, lay a concrete slab beneath the shed!
- Gable roof design is peaked for extra headroom and to ensure the stability of your shed structure
- The range of single, double and triple door garages are ideal for rural properties
- An extra side door for more access points to your shed
There’s plenty of room inside for storing your car, recreational equipment and your handy tools.
If you’re after a space to embrace your inner handyperson, look no further than our Workshop Sheds. They provide unmatched privacy and space compared to the humble garden shed due to the sheer size. With a Gable Truss Roof designed for larger sheds, they are our most reliable structures yet. Whether you go for our smallest option or the largest in our range, you won’t lose any of the benefits of this storage and workspace.
- Central beam is welded steel that maximises the strength and stability of your shed
- Enclosed with high tensile steel walls to store and secure large machinery and equipment
Imagine all the projects you’ll be able to start in your built to last workshop shed!
4. Space for FunHave a few too many toys, family bikes and small things lying around? If you’re running out of room to store it all, our multifunctional Bike Sheds will help you manage your additional outdoor storage needs. Designed to fit in all kinds of backyards and keep your valuables secure, this is a multi-purpose solution we love.
- Hinged double doors opening at the front and hinged opening roof, to manoeuvre your things with ease
Add a padlock at the door for added security and child proofing your outdoor storage.
If you’re not after a bike shed but a way to keep things protected when left outside, think about a garden locker or bin shed. These compact steel storage units leave room for outdoor fun, recreational equipment and your living essentials. Use it to store firewood, your BBQ or even your council bins to keep things tidy.
Whether you’re looking for a spacious home addition or just a bit of extra room for the things you enjoy, there’s plenty of durable and versatile shed options at your disposal. You can rest assured knowing that our sheds our made with your safety and security as a top priority. Thinking of getting one today? Shop now with EasyShed and begin your backyard transformation journey.