While your trusty BBQ has been safely tucked away in your shed over the winter months, it’s likely that it needs a pretty decent once over before it can be wheeled out for the warmer weather.
Before you invite the whole tribe over, it’s wise to give the barbie a once over. Here are our top tips to get your BBQ looking tip top:
- Grab an old newspaper and spread it out. Remove the cooking plates and place the over the newspaper. Scrape them down thoroughly with a paint scraper and wire brush.
- Wash the plates in warm water with a mild, non-abrasive soap. Rinse them well with a mixture of white vinegar and water.
- Stand them upright and dry them in the sun in your backyard.
- While the plates dry, replace any rocks and test the burners.
- When it comes to time to fire her up, replace the cooking plates and turn on the heat. Once they are hot, carefully wipe with canola oil. Burn the layer off, and repeat that step.
- Turn off the BBQ and let it cool and congrats, you’re ready for summer!